This Slow Cooker Pina Colada Bread Pudding recipe is sure to get your taste buds hula dancing! Ingredients like cinnamon and crushed pineapple make this tropical bread pudding a delicious treat the whole family will love.
Plus it has been tweaked so it’s made easily in a slow cooker!
Try serving it with pineapple ice cream.
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lime zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 6 eggs
- 1 ⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 ⁄4 cup light rum or pineapple flavored works good in this
- 1 cup raisins or dried fruit of choice like dried cherries apricots, blueberries
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 lb bread 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 ⁄4 cup coconut can be mixed into the custard mixtur(optional
In blender or food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine all the custard ingredients. Set aside.
Combine raisins and crushed pineapple (and the juice); set aside.
Place about 1/3 of bread cubes in slow cooker, place 1/3 of raisin/pineapple mixtures. Repeat 2 more times. Then pour the custard mixture over all. pressing so all the bread soaks in the custard mixture.
top with butter, cinnamon.
Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.
Place it in a well buttered 9 by 13 casserole.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Enjoy Slow Cooker Pina Colada Bread Pudding!
Recipe based on one by Rita1652
Photo by Izy Hossack