I’m pretty picky with salads, but this Chicken and Asparagus Salad is a huge hit! Love all the flavors; the strawberries add the perfect sweetness.
Incredible salad — a perfect lunch on a warm spring day.
The only change I made was to add a tiny bit more vinegar to the dressing. Other than that I made it exactly as stated and it was fabulous!
This Chicken and Asparagus Salad With Strawberry Dressing is out of this world delicious. It's the Strawberry Dressing!
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus 1 inch pieces,steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups european blend salad greens
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cooked and sliced crosswise
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped and toasted walnuts
- 5 fresh strawberries halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Add lemon juice to a small bowl; dip avocado slices in lemon juice and set the avocado aside.
In a big salad bowl, add salad greens, asparagus, cucumber, avocado, 1 1/2 cup strawberries, and chicken; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with nuts.
For dressing: add strawberries and orange juice to a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth; pour puree into a bowl.
Add remaining dressing ingredients; stir to combine.
Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
Recipe based on one by ratherbeswimmin’
Photo by anniesnomsblog