Simple Corn Relish is an easy recipe that makes a very pretty dish to add to the table. (plus a very tasty one, too!) I use a mixture of white and yellow corn to add more visual interest.
Keeps very well in the fridge if you have leftovers. Nice for special or holiday dinners or as gifts. But I eat it year-round.
This Simple Corn Relish is simple to make and delicious. It can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish!
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco or Texas Pete
- 1 teaspoon whole celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 12 oz cans whole kernel corn drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 2 oz jar chopped pimiento drained
- 3 tablespoons currants optional
Combine the vinegar through the salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add corn thru currants.
Pour into jars, cover and refrigerate; it should sit in fridge at least overnight before serving to let the flavors mix.
Recipe based on one by echo echo
Photo by Gaylaj