Slow Cooker Enchiladas! An old Mexican classic with a new twist. This popular recipe features enchilada ingredients just layered in the slow cooker.
I believe you can pretty much make anything and everything in a slow cooker. Like these epic enchiladas. Yes, believe it or not, you can make enchiladas effortlessly in a slow cooker. It’s so easy, it’s practically fool-proof.
Simply turn on your crock pot and forget all about it until you have the cheesiest, creamiest enchiladas ever! Absolutely the easiest enchiladas you will ever make.
This is my go-to recipe for pot luck dinners!
Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can 16 ounces pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas 6 inches
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses.
In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through.
I hope you’ll try and enjoy this Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe!
More recipes you might enjoy.